Mario Guti/Getty Images/iStockphoto
Cash App is a financial services platform and peer-to-peer money transfer app that allows you to easily transfer money to other Cash App users and also invest in stocks and bitcoins. Cash App is not a bank. Instead, it is a financial platform that partners with banks and other financial institutions to facilitate transactions.
As a Cash App user, you can set up direct deposit for your paycheck, other checks, and your tax return. With Cash App you can receive up to $25,000 by direct deposit and up to $50,000 in total over a 24 hour period.
You will need some key Cash App account information to set up your direct deposit, including your Cash App routing and account numbers. Here’s how to find your Cash App routing number and account numbers.
How do you find your Routing Number and Cash App Account Number?
Cash App partners with Lincoln Savings Bank and Sutton Bank to facilitate user transactions. Depending on where you live, your Cash App account uses the routing number of one of these two banks.
The Cash App routing number 073923033 is for Lincoln Savings Bank. Lincoln Savings Bank uses this routing number for partnerships with financial apps and platforms such as Cash App, Acorns investment app and M1 Finance.
Sutton Bank’s routing number for non-Fedwire payments is 041215663. Sutton Bank is also the partner bank for the Robinhood trading app.
To find your Cash App routing number and account numbers:
- From the Cash App home screen, select the “Bank/Money” tab. Your account balance will appear.
- Under your account balance, tap routing and account numbers.
- Use the Cash app options to copy your account and routing numbers or write them down.
What if you don’t have a routing number in the Cash app?
If you’ve followed the steps outlined above and can’t find a routing number, it’s likely because your account doesn’t have an App Cash card activated. You must have an activated payment card to set up direct deposit. The Cash card is a free Visa debit card that is connected to your Cash app balance.
You can order a Cash Card via Cash App. Once you have received and activated your Cash Card, you should be able to repeat the steps above to determine your routing and account numbers and set up your direct deposit.
How do I set up direct deposit for the Cash app?
To set up direct deposit for your paycheck, you must complete a Cash App direct deposit form and email the form back to Cash App.
To obtain and submit a Cash App direct deposit form:
- Tap the “Bank/Money” tab on your Cash app home screen.
- Tap “Direct deposit”.
- Select “Get Direct Deposit Form”.
- Fill in all the requested information and affix your signature.
- Enter a recipient address and tap “Email Form” to submit.
For other types of deposits, such as a direct deposit for your tax return, you will not complete a Cash App form, but instead provide the other party with your Cash App routing and account numbers . For example, to have your tax refund deposited directly into your Cash App account, you must enter your Cash App routing number and account number when prompted when filing your tax return.
Outside of setting up direct deposit, you’re unlikely to need your Cash App routing number for anything. But whenever the opportunity arises to have a check or payment directly deposited, you can provide your Cash App routing number and account number for easy transfer to your Cash App account.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Cash App routing numbers.
- What is routing number 041215663 for Cash App?
- Some Cash App users have routing number Sutton Bank 041215663. Other Cash App users may have routing number Lincoln Savings Bank 073923033. Since Cash App is not a bank, it associates to these two banks to facilitate user transactions.
- Does Cash App use your routing and account numbers?
- As Cash App is not a bank, it does not use your routing and account numbers. However, partner banks that facilitate Cash App transactions use your routing and account numbers, as will any bank you have authorized to deposit funds directly into your Cash App account.
- Which bank’s routing number is 073972181?
- The routing number 073972181 is one of many assigned to MetaBank and is not associated with Cash App.
Information is accurate as of June 15, 2022.
Our in-house research team and on-site financial experts work together to create accurate, unbiased and up-to-date content. We verify every statistic, quote and fact using trusted primary resources to ensure that the information we provide is correct. You can read more about GOBankingRates processes and standards in our Editorial Policy.